Wednesday, June 25, 2014

On confidence

Confidence is such a fickle emotion. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't. It's altered by people and situations but sadly and strangely not so often by actual accomplishments.

One of the biggest differences between the US and Europe that I've noticed after a year (or a lifetime) is that people over here seem to have more confidence. More people think they can accomplish greatness. I envy that and want my kids to have that feeling too.

Yesterday, at Niki's moving on up ceremony, the theme from Rocky played and each little kindergarteners name was called and each kid walked like a true star on his or her own up to the stage to the sound of applause. They then proceeded to sing songs about how proud they were to move up to first grade and how their teachers loved them.

I will try this for myself. Press play below.