Thursday, January 24, 2013

Word of the day: Filibuster

I've read the word so many times, not ever taking it seriously because the weight, shape and color of the word is so light, soft around the edges and pastel colored.

I read up on the meaning:

filibuster is a type of parliamentary procedure where debate is extended, allowing one or more members to delay or entirely prevent a vote on a given proposal. It is sometimes referred to as talking out a bill, and characterized as a form of obstruction in a legislature or other decision-making body. 


TALKING OUT A BILL. DELAY OR ENTIRELY PREVENT A VOTE ON A GIVEN PROPOSAL.

My life is an endless chain of filibusters presented to me primarily by my two younger children. They'll talk talk talk themselves out of most situations. 
I know I'm doing them a huge disfavor by meeting their demands, the world will not be as co-operative.

Or perhaps they'll filibuster their way to the political top. Would not surprise me in the least.