Friday, January 27, 2012

On running

I don't currently have an office, so I work from home. It's nice but lonely. To break the monotony of such a workday, I go running, so I can come back home, refreshed and happy. I run in the snow, I don't mind, it kind of makes me feel heroic.

I love coming back home from a run, even love the running itself, at least after I've ran the first km of each run. But like most people, I don't often find myself yearning to work out. Lately, I've started to say to myself "you've got to walk the dog". That's my mind's view of my body. A demanding dog that needs to be walked, fed, petted, washed. All the time.

It works though. When you don't want to work out, remind yourself, you have to. What kind of horribly lazy dog owner would you be otherwise. Walk that animal. It needs it.