Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The not very generous part of my mind


There are days when I get so upset about the way some people throw around perfectly useful words in a too repetitious way, days when I think it should be criminal to overuse words.
We all need those great words.
The way I see it, some people take to useful words like some people take antibiotics. Don't do it! One day, you'll be in need of a word like "brilliant", and then you can't, because it's overused.

Think about it.

your
-e

ps. This is a ridiculous way of thinking of words and word usage, as language is an organic life form that adapts according to circumstance and environment. New words emerge.

ps 2. Are you lost to WordFeud yet? I haven't even dared to try it. I was born during a game of Scrabble. I wouldn't be able to handle it. At all.

ps 3. Yes, that would be me showing Cary Grant the correct spelling of hippopotamuses.