Monday, September 7, 2009

Dear life - I am Odie




















It's my birthday today. I celebrated by spending a fortune making my favorite shoes great again. Life is good. I never thought life could be like this: Easy and filled with happiness. I was unhappy and depressed for a long long time. There were eating disorders, sick friends, various body issues, heartbreaks and failed studies. But now, things are good. I just want to press pause. Let everything be.

I know I come off as overly optimistic. Of all fictional characters, I sometimes feel I can relate most easily to Garfields annoyingly perky friend Odie.

Perhaps Odie was born like that. Perhaps he's seen the other side, perhaps he received lots of love or even medication and can't believe his luck when things worked out for the better.

I don't believe in any God, higher being or any mysterious power. I'm constantly amazed by the weirdness of us being here and the miracle of us being here together.

I often feel that I'm the luckiest person in the world. Someone has to be, and I might be the one. I think there's room for many of us being the luckiest. I'm so grateful you can't believe it.
Feel free to smack me over the head. You still can't stop me from having this feeling.

I look so serious in that pic above. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm serious about being happy.