Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meet the readers - Jenny in Brooklyn





















I often think that Jenny is my New York self. My Brooklyn counterpart. With much better hair and a grasp of history I can only dream of. She also loves to cook, which I someday hope to do, too. 

But this is where we are similar: We both love our respective cities. Love them with a passion that makes us unpaid but extremely dedicated guides. I don't know, but I'm almost sure that Jenny also loves the sight of tourists, lost in their tracks. I hunt them down and help them find the charms of Stockholm. Jenny can help you find anything and everything in Brooklyn and Manhattan. 

Like me, it seems she can pronounce every word at ease except these three in a sequence: "I don't know." They rarely come out of my mouth. I've never heard her say them either. 

Jenny loves food and books. Cookbooks are a favorite, but she would never limit herself to just one genre, when words come in so many beautiful shapes. She's funny. She's dry. 

Jenny's lawyer husband Mark is a nice hardworking man, lucky enough to share his life and apartment with Jenny and their two lovely offspring: Dinah and Alexei.

Jenny also know Stockholm really well, she has relatives here. I dream of the day she will come visit and we will hunt down tourists together. Perhaps this summer?