Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear baby Niki


















Dear daughter, as you're turning 1, let me tell you a little about yourself. We named you Niki Sonja Simone. Niki after Niki de Saint Phalle, Sonja after Sonya Tolstoy (I don't know if your dad even knows this) and Simone after the numerous impressive Simones of the world. 

I want you to be carried by the strength of the women you were named after. You could be an artist like Niki, making fun of the macho art world by shooting your own paintings, prepared with paintfilled cavities. 
















When you're older and we're having a picnic together with your kid and my mom, we'll go for this kind of bohemian garden conversation . What's most suprising with such an outing is that my mother would go for that kind of classic coiffure and pearl earrings. 
















love
-your mother