Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dear Depend














Dear Depend, for complicated reasons I shall not go into, I browsed your site today.
Perhaps I am a person who needs "encouragement and information for people with incontinence" perhaps I am a person who cares about them.

Let's leave that a mystery!
But there's another, more interesting mystery here.
I checked out your product sections - one for men, one for women.

Naturally, I checked out the female section first.






Look at these women! They have fun! They don't let bladder control get in the way of living their lives!
They share secrets, joy and sorrow. They might even discuss their use of Depends!
It left me with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Time for the men!
They're addressed like this:






Is this what it's like? A man can only talk about bladder issues with his dog? No one else will listen? Does a man who wears Depend lose all his friends? Except for man's best friend?

Say it ain't so.
-the end consumer

ps. I keep typing deep end instead of depend. How Freudian is that?
ps 2. After taking a closer look, I have to say that dog doesn't look so into the conversation either.